Thank you for registering!
This is an interactive four-day workshop on the practical application of the National Safety Code
(NSC) standards for achieving full compliance and attaining exemplary on-road safety results.
• National Safety Code standards and their practical application in Alberta to commercial bus
and truck companies;
• Roles and responsibilities of commercial carrier owners, management, and safety officers;
• Methodology of NSC recordkeeping that allows daily evaluations of vehicle and driver
readiness for work.
Learning how to effectively:
• Develop and implement effective safety and maintenance programs that address the specific
transportation operations conducted by the commercial carrier;
• Evaluate a driver for competency;
• Assess preventability of collisions and how to apply the knowledge gained to prevent
• Delineate collision preventability vs. fault vs. liability.
Apply the philosophy and values of:
• Selecting and employing a transportation safety officer;
• Fostering a positive culture of safety to achieve objectives established;
• A professional commercial driver;
• Monitoring and assessing competency of drivers, management and other staff within a
highway transportation organization;
• Taking remedial actions to address compliance and safety issues.
• Safety and maintenance programs used by your company (sample programs may be used by
consultants or other transportation safety professionals that do not have their own);
• A copy of your company’s Carrier Profile;
• Copy of Commercial Vehicle Safety Compliance in Alberta education manual;
• Access to applicable legislation, including the:
Traffic Safety Act and related regulations;
Motor Vehicle Transport Act and related regulations;
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act; and
Federal Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations.